from Representative John Boehner’s Office (R – OH)
- 9.8 percent: The nation’s unemployment rate, the highest since 1983, according to the Department of Labor. Washington Democrats promised that their ‘stimulus’ bill would keep unemployment below eight percent.
- 2.99 million: Private sector jobs lost since the trillion-dollar ‘stimulus’ became law [February 2009].
- 26.6 million: Workers either unemployed or underemployed (meaning those who are unable to find adequate work,) representing more than one-sixth of all U.S. workers.
- $1.4 trillion: Budget deficit for fiscal year 2009, the largest it has been since 1945, according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.
- $9 trillion: Projected budget deficits over the next ten years under the Obama Administration’s budget, more than the sum of all previous deficits in our nation’s history.
- $11.93 trillion: The public’s share of our national debt, projected to rise to $17.5 trillion by the end of next decade under the Obama Administration’s budget.
- 17 percent: The rate at which home foreclosures increased in the second quarter, according to the Office of Thrift Supervision. Every 13 seconds, there is another foreclosure filing in America.